The research and development are.
Potharla VY Wang C, Cheng YQ. Identification and characterization of the spiruchostatin biosynthetic gene cluster enable yield improvement by overexpressing a transcriptional activator. *Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology.YQ. New insights into the genetic organization of the FK228 biosynthetic gene cluster in Chromobacterium violaceum no. 968. Applied and Environmental Microbiology.Viswa
- EIs identification and characterization of the Spiruchostatin bio synthetic gene cluster.
- ETwitching motility and CAMP levels:signal transduction through a single methyl-accepting chemotaxis protein.
- EA novel soluble compound C25 Sensitize to TRAIL -induced apoptosis through upregulation of DR5 expression.
- ENTBC treatment of the pyomelanogenic Pseudomonas aeruginosa clinical isolate PA 1111 Inhibits Pigment production and increases sensitivity to oxidative streess.
- EIdentification and characterization of the Spiruchostatin biosynthesis gene cluster.
- ENew insights in to the Gentic organization of FK 228 Biosynthetic Gene cluster.
Dr Viswa Potharla
Dr Kristin Ciezki
Collaborations and Initiatives.
- Spearheaded collaboration with Shimadzu Laboratory for Advanced and Applied Analytical Chemistry for detecting and characterizing novel antimicrobials utilizing mass spec technologies.
- Expanded natural product development efforts with Concordia School of Pharmacy faculty.
- Recruited to lead research and development project and mock business venture collaboration between Diversey/Sealed Air and Marquette University Upward Bound.
- ESpecialist in molecular microbilogist with expertise in bench research phase 2-iv sponsored clinical drug/device trials.
- EResearch scientist:-investigated novel Approaches to antimicrobial Discovery and characterization in a Host pathogen system.
- EGastroenterology research coordinator Educate attending fellow and resident physician in research study desighn methods regulatory.
- EMolecular Analysis of the xenocoumacin gene cluster of xenorhabadas Nematophila.
- Enew insights in to the role of antimicrobials of xenorhabadas in interspecies competition.
- ER-type bacteriocins of xenorhabadas bovienii determine the outcome of interspecies competition in a natural host environment.
Developed courses and labs in
- Microbiology (Subject Matter Expert for the University System)
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II
- E Analysis of multiple secondary metabolites on insect virulence and nematode symbiosis.
- EDetermination of secondary metabolite function with specific focus on antibiotic activity.
- EPerformed research experiments associated with my current research program developing new anticancer agents.